Welcome to WindAid Institute !
WindAid Institute provides volunteer projects in Peru for people taking a gap year, career break, retirement or time out from education, employment or training. Tailor-made programs to suit specific requirements can be arranged with university and educational programs, corporate programs and programs for youth organizations to better meet their expectations.
Due to the recent and ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, Windaid Institute has decided to revoke all programs for the year 2020. The safety and well being of our volunteers, employees and partners are of utmost importance to us and we gladly take the responsibility to adhere to the advise of world health officials and the Peruvian government. We are stepping up our normal operating practices, and are taking other mitigating measures to lower the risk of any exposure to COVID-19. Such measures are:
- House & workshop cleaned and disinfected regularly
- Posted WHO diagrams on cleaning & health safety practices
- Cough and sneeze into your elbow
- Don’t touch your face
- Wash hands regularly for 20 seconds or more (and/or use alcohol)
- Alcohol gel available at all WindAid locals
- General cleanliness & hygiene strictly enforced
We would like to be clear on what this means for volunteers who have already paid and scheduled to attend a program in 2020 and for volunteers that wish to apply for 2021.
- Windaid Institute will not be able to issue a full refund for any payments received for a 2020 program. Please refer to our terms and conditions for further details
- Your payment can be used for another program at a later date up to 2023.
Windaid is and always has been a not for profit volunteer run organisation. Without the dedicated support of our volunteer network around the world, we would not be able to keep our lights on or lighting up other lives. Our organisation runs on donations and funds provided by volunteers attending the programs and while we are empathetic to the plight of many other NGOs facing a similar situation during these uncertain times, we ask that you kindly consider donating. Every dollar goes directly to the organisation in the form of paying the employees and ensuring programs are set up and continued for next year.
Looking forward to 2021, we aim to reopen stronger than ever, pending once again the advice of world health officials, the CDC and Peruvian government. Please refer to this page for the tentative 2021 dates. We strongly advise reading more about our past volunteers and the projects Windaid has ongoing and completed over the years.
Stay safe and continue lighting up a life……from a distance.