Welcome to WindAid Institute !
WindAid Institute provides volunteer projects in Peru for people taking a gap year, career break, retirement or time out from education, employment or training. Tailor-made programs to suit specific requirements can be arranged with university and educational programs, corporate programs and programs for youth organizations to better meet their expectations.
Due to the recent and ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, WindAid Institute has decided to postpone all volunteer projects for the year 2020. The safety and well being of our volunteers, employees and partners are of utmost importance to us and we gladly take the responsibility to adhere to the advise of world health officials and the Peruvian government. We are stepping up our normal operating practices, and are taking other mitigating measures to lower the risk of any exposure to COVID-19. Such measures are:
- House & workshop cleaned and disinfected regularly
- Posted WHO diagrams on cleaning & health safety practices
- Wash hands regularly for 20 seconds or more (and/or use alcohol)
- Alcohol gel available at all WindAid locals
- General cleanliness & hygiene strictly enforced including not touching one’s face, and coughing and sneezing into an elbow
We would like to be clear on what this means for volunteers who have already confirmed to come to projects previously scheduled for 2020 and for volunteers that wish to apply for 2021.
- Your placement is transferable to the program dates of your preference – not limited to the same four-week equivelant in 2021 you had in 2020.
- Your placement is likewise transferable to another volunteer if you prefer.
WindAid Institute is and always has been a not for profit volunteer run organisation. Without the dedicated support of our volunteer network around the world, we would not be able to keep our lights on or lighting up other lives. Our organisation runs on donations and funds provided by volunteers attending the programs and while we are empathetic to the plight of many other NGOs facing a similar situation during these uncertain times, we ask that you kindly consider donating. Every dollar goes directly to the organisation in the form of paying the employees and ensuring programs are set up and continued for next year.
Looking forward to 2021, we aim to reopen stronger than ever, pending once again the advice of world health officials, the CDC and the Peruvian government. Please refer to this page for the tentative 2021 dates. We strongly advise reading more about our past volunteers and the projects WindAid has ongoing and completed over the years.
Stay safe and continue lighting up a life……from a distance.